Tuesday, February 17, 2009

AROMAS OF RIOMAGGIORE CINQUE TERRE ITALY


Whenever I make biscotti I think of Riomaggiore, a quaint picture postcard town nestled along mountainous ridges overlooking the sea on the Italian Riviera. I always thought of biscotti as an uninteresting cookie, often hightly sweetened to compensate for its lack of flavor. It wasn't until I had biscotti at a homestyle family bakery in Riomaggiore that I discovered how delicious and tastefully complex biscotti should be. So now whenever I get cabin fever during the winter in Cleveland, I bake batches of these authentic Italian treats. The aroma is intoxicating and the flavors immediately take me back to that place of breathtaking views and meandering trails along the side of coastal ridges. At Baker Babes Bakery we have created various biscotti such as cranberry pistachio, chocolate pecan, and cinnamon almond. We love offering our customers the wonderful tastes of Italy.

No comments: