Monday, April 27, 2009

DIVINE LEMON RASPBERRY INDULGENCE



We made this perfect three layer torte for Mother's Day, something sweet, tart and luscious. Assembling a torte can seem daunting, so here are some pictures of our cake in process.


We started with a 9x13 cake, and cut it equally into thirds.


Spread alternate layers with lemon curd and raspberry preserves. Then top with third cake layer.

Apply whipped cream icing.



Now comes the fun, decorating with raspberries and thyme leaves.






This cake is as pretty as it is delicious! The perfect Mother's Day gift.



3 comments:

Rosa Raskin, M.S., M.L.S. said...

I wonder if you might suggest a cake or cake recipe for a newly diabetic Mom for Mother's day. I make her pudding using Stevia now, for example, and must add the recipe to my blog at
http://preciouscooking.blogspot.com

My husband is allergic to dairy, my nephew is allergic to dairy and eggs and we have what we call a "patriotic cake" that I make for my nephew - photo also on my blog.

bakingdivas said...

We have not done a lot of cakes for diabetics. We have used splenda instead of sugar in our yellow vanilla cake which has turned out well. We enjoyed reading your blog and look forward to sharing recipes for diabetics. Sorry we can't be more helpful.
Phyllis and Judy
Baker Babes Bakery

Rachael said...

This looks absolutely delicious! I love the combination of lemon curd and raspberry flavors, especially with cake! Yum...