Saturday, November 21, 2009

ITS ALL IN THE PRESENTATION


We are always looking for wonderful cake stands, plates and platters on which to display our baked goods. There is a gem of a shop in New York City called "Fishs Eddy" which has a fabulous selection of reproduced vintage dishes. The store is literally filled from floor to ceiling with the most colorful assortment of jadite, milk glass and bone china. A visit to Fishs Eddy is always a must when we're in Manhattan. We've also included some pictures of Baker Babes Bakery's favorite cake stands and platters in this post. We feel that desserts should be a feast for the eyes as well as the palate. Remember, its all in the presentation!














5 comments:

alison said...

wow,so beatiful things!i falling in love ...with very piece!

MP said...

I love Fishs Eddy! It is a cool store that can entertain me for hours. Did I say hours? I mean DAYS!

Great site, by the way.

TheChocolatePriestess said...

If I had more space in my kitchen I could have more lovely plates and containers for the things I make and receive. Sadly, while my friends all think I have a huge kitchen, they are wrong. Most of our "pretty stuff" is for Christmas and gets used at our Holiday party which is the 13th of December this year.

milk and cookeez said...

I NEED to go there. I love vinatge dishes, especially candy and 2 tier stands, like the milk glass one. So cute.

Jill said...

OH MY... LOVE these serving pieces! I'm going to NYC in one week. I'm going to try to visit Fishs Eddy. Thanks for the rec.