Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A Taste Of New York's Past


There are so many wonderful places to visit in New York City. The Empire State Building, Statue of Liberty and Times Square are all important parts of history. But if you want a real taste of New York's past visit Eisenberg's Sandwich Shop on 5th Avenue between 22nd and 23rd streets. Eisenberg's opened in 1929 and very little has changed in this bustling little restaurant. While sitting on their old leather stools it is easy to imagine Fred and Ginger dropping by for a late night BLT or egg sandwich. So, the next time your on your way downtown be sure to stop at Eisenberg's to experience the sights, sounds and tastes of a classic New York sandwich shop.

8 comments:

Tasty Trix said...

Fun! When I lived in NYC, I used to get an egg salad sandwich there all the time during my lunch break. I totally miss that place!

Anna said...

I lived in NY for 6 years and probably passed this place thousand times. But never notice it. Missed it.:-(

Emily Ziegler said...

This is simply the coolest place ever. I have never been. Good thing Philly is so close! I think I will have to take a trip up just to visit this place!!

Kat said...

I wish I lived closer to New York City!

Claudia said...

It is indeed a grand place. nice memory!

John Dryzga said...

Love this place! Wish I could get there more.

Jen-JensFitnessTips.com said...

I will have to check that place out! I love trying old places like that. Thanks for sharing!! Take care :)

Jen

Bromography said...

I have never noticed this place. I will give it a try!