Monday, March 8, 2010

Katie's Cayenne Cinnamon Frosting

We are so lucky at Baker Babes Bakery to have the greatest customers. When Katie Mallady picked up her cupcake order last week she shared with us her wonderful cayenne cinnamon frosting recipe. What a find! We love its flavorful spices and surprise subtle kick. This is definitely an adult frosting and a nice change from the typical sugar topping. Here's the recipe, so give it a try and let us know if you like it as much as we do. Thanks Katie Mallady!














1 stick butter (softened)
2 cups powdered sugar
2 Tbs. Sour Cream
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla

Place butter in mixing bowl and beat on medium speed until creamy about 1 minute. Gradually add the 2 cups of powdered sugar and beat until fluffy. Add sour cream and vanilla to the bowl and beat for about 3 minutes. Add cinnamon and cayenne pepper and beat until well incorporated. Frosting for 12 cupcakes.
































14 comments:

denise @ quickies on the dinner table said...

Sounds very promising though I've never used cayenne in a cake or frosting recipe. I just might try this! Thanks for sharing :)

Amie said...

Oh, i can't wait to give this a try! I love surprising people with unexpected flavors. This sounds so great!

bunkycooks said...

Hi there,

I have nominated you for the Sunshine Award! I hope you will accept! My post will be up shortly! :)

greenme said...

hi friends .. I like this article very helpful for me,,,,
what about link exchange..??

cakes to vijayawada said...

I would like to try this weekend. Thank you very much!

Bromography said...

Sweet and spicy is the best!

Simply Life said...

wow, that looks great!

Yenta Mary said...

I had a chocolate cake recently with just the tiniest hint of both cinnamon and cayenne in it ... it was AMAZING! Gotta try this frosting ....

foodfloozie.blogspot.com
twitter.com/foodfloozie

Abby said...

I might have to try this! I made cayenne sugar cookies once and they were too much, but I think paired with cinnamon it would be perfect.

Micah | Coffee Machine said...

Looks really yummy.. although I haven't tried cayenne on pastries before, I'd try this at home.

HorseJumper12341 said...

Cinnamon frosting is really good for banana cupcakes!!

www.yummyanonymous.blogspot.com

Magic of Spice said...

I love the use cayenne in sweet dishes... Ley look great!

Damian - Coffee Beans said...

What a pretty dish you presents, very tempting!

Vishal Coffee Machine said...

I would like to say one word only !!
yummmmmylicious.....looks supa dupa delicious !!! :) :D