Thursday, September 30, 2010

Familiar Flavors of Fall

Fall is here and with it comes spectacular landscapes of red, yellow, and orange. In Cleveland Ohio the colorful leaves create a fiery feast for the eyes. Fall is also a time of delectable feasts of hearty stews, soups and savory desserts made with ingredients from the local harvest. Here are some pictures of our favorite comforting delicious delights we bake this time of year. We'd love to hear about the traditional seasonal treats (or tricks) that signify Fall to you.


Wanda's Making Pumpkin Whoopie Pies


Savannah's Savory Sweet Potato Bread


Dorothy's There's No Place Like Homemade Harvest Muffins


Herman's Hermit Cookies


Patty's Pumpkin Patch Pound Cake

10 comments:

baking.serendipity said...

I grew up in Cleveland and moved to Phoenix about two years ago now. I always miss it in the fall especially. Pumpkin bread is my all-time favorite fall recipes, but these look like some awesome fall recipes as well! PS, I've got a giveaway going on that I think you might be interested in :) Stop by and check it out!

roxan said...

Yum, thanks for this wonderful collection of pumpkin recipes! I TOTALLY planned on making pumpkin bread tonight, but when i checked my cupboard the can I had wasn't there! so instead i have some banana bread in the oven baking as we speak :)

Belinda @zomppa said...

I love the fall! And these are several reasons why. That pumpkin cake - stunning!

Fun and Fearless in Beantown said...

Pumpkin is definitely one of my favorite fall flavors! Happy first day of October!

Carol Egbert said...

Your pumpkin patch cake is certainly inspiring.

GreenGirl said...

Pumpkin bread and pumpkin desserts I think are all time Fall favorites.

The Mom Chef said...

When I think of fall, I think of deep dish apple pie and pumpkin pie. With Halloween coming up, popcorn balls and caramel apples hit the list.

Stephanie said...

Wow - my mouth is watering just looking at these. Beautiful photography!

victoria said...

Pumpkin whoopie pies sound wonderful!

Choc Chip Uru said...

Your autumn (fall) sounds like a gorgeous time - I am so jealous of such delicious looking dishes :D

Beautiful blog you have and the name is really clever :D

Cheers
Choc Chip Uru