Monday, August 29, 2011

The Taste of Summer in New York


New York is always a great place for delicious culinary adventures. This past week I feasted at Rothchild's in Brooklyn, The Shake Shack in Madison Square Park and Beecher's in Flatiron.

Rothchild's

Rothchild's is a sultry little New Orleans style restaurant with big flavor. The traditional eggs benedict were the best I've had anywhere and their signature eggs benedict in artichokes are simply luscious. Its a great place for a heavenly lunch or a late night dinner and well worth the subway ride from Manhattan.


Shake Shack

The Shake Shack in Madison Square Park is a great place to indulge in quality hamburgers and chicken hot dogs grilled to perfection. Their toppings are always fresh and almost unlimited, giving you the opportunity to create one of your own culinary masterpieces. The park provides a wonderful place in the city to relax, view some cutting edge art and enjoy a satisfying lunch.


Beecher's

Beecher's at E. 20th and Broadway in Flatiron is a cheese lover's paradise. You can sit on a milk can at their counter, watch cheese being made and indulge on some of the best mac' and cheese around. I enjoyed Beecher's for its earthy atmosphere and snob-less delicious comfort food. Its a great new addition to the tastes of summer in New York.






6 comments:

Jennifer said...

mmm...i'm kind of a cheese fanatic so i'll definitely be hitting up beechers on my next trip. thanks!

Spice Sherpa said...

Aaah, I live in Upstate NY --Rochester. I love your pictures, makes me want to head to the namesake. Looks like you had great time.

Beth Michelle said...

Ah this post makes me miss NY, especially the shake shack. I have had many wonderful meals there :)

Baker Man said...

Hoping you are coming back soon!

BlondeBomber said...

Shake Shack is definitely one of the best places to eat in New York . I always make sure to take people there when they are visiting NY! Glad to see it in your journey. :) Nice blog.

Patrick White Biography said...

That looks fantastic. I'd love to visit NY as I've never been yet. Looks like there's some great places to dine for breakfast at. Love the pics.