Tuesday, January 31, 2012

I'm Just Talking Turkey...Turkish Cuisine That Is!



     In the wintertime when the cold can seem so dreary and never ending I love to do something new and dine at restaurants which offer exotic recipes I've never eaten before. There is no better place to do this than in New York City where international dining is always an adventure and often at its best. On one snow blistered evening I found safe dining haven at the Turkish Kitchen on 3rd Avenue in Manhattan.

     The atmosphere at the Turkish Kitchen is warm and cozy filled with comforting aromas of deliciously unusual herbs and spices. We dined on Tavuk Pirzola-char grilled boneless chicken stuffed with green peppers, tomatoes and cheese; Sis Kebab with Mucver-skewered cuts of baby lamb with pan fried zucchini pancakes; Izgara Sebze Sis-char grilled zucchini, eggplant, mushroom, tomatoes, and green peppers served over smoked eggplant puree. The food tasted fabulous and the chef's attention to detail was impressive.

     The next time you are in New York and the weather is frightful give yourself a delightful sensory treat and dine at the Turkish Kitchen. The cold and frost doesn't seem so bad when you feel warm and satisfied after a wonderful meal.






1 comment:

Jenny said...

That looks so yummy! I'm really jealous, I loved New York when I visited, I can't wait to go back one day!

www.bake-online.co.uk