Monday, April 2, 2012

Restaurant Week...Yum!


One of the great things about spring in Cleveland is finally saying goodbye to the cold harsh winter. Today is the beginning of Restaurant Week which is a delicious way to ring in the new season. 

Over 80  independent Cleveland restaurants have gotten together offering a three-course prix fixe for our dining pleasure. Restaurant Week is a great time to try new restaurants or revisit others which are priced a bit too high for frequent dining. Its a wonderful way to support local Cleveland food businesses. Visit http://www.clevelandrestaurantweek.com/ for pricing, website links and menus.

This past February I was fortunate to be in New York City during their Restaurant Week and dined at a few places I had not been to in years. Here are some pictures of two of my favorite standards, 21 and the Russian Tea Room, and a new restaurant on E 21st Street called Gravy which offers classic southern cuisine.





3 comments:

Mary said...

It looks like you time in NYC was well spent. I sure you'll enjoy restaurant week in Cleveland as well. This is my first visit to your site, but I;ll be back. Have a wonderful evening. Blessings...Mary

CJ - Food Stories said...

Thx for connecting with me on foodbuzz. I just subscribed to your blog feed and can't wait to see what your next post will be!

Libby Vita said...

Sounds like you had a great experince.. Any recipes with Mangoes? We love mangoes:
check it out..www.mangosinparadise.com
All the best,
Libby